By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • World
  • News
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Science
  • Sports
The Daily Sight
  • Home
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Travel
Reading: Trump left humiliated as CNN breaks bombshell news on Iran ceasefire — and it’s very bad news for the president
The Daily SightThe Daily Sight
  • World
  • News
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Science
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Travel
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Copyright © The Daily Sight 2026 All Right Reserved.
Home » Trump left humiliated as CNN breaks bombshell news on Iran ceasefire — and it’s very bad news for the president
News

Trump left humiliated as CNN breaks bombshell news on Iran ceasefire — and it’s very bad news for the president

Declan Harris
Last updated: April 9, 2026 1:22 pm
Declan Harris
5 Min Read
Share

CNN cut into its regular programming on Tuesday evening to deliver urgent breaking news that stopped the country in its tracks. The US-Iran conflict, burning since late February, had just reached a dramatic and deeply troubling turning point. And for President Donald Trump, the news that followed was very bad indeed.

Anchor Erin Burnett appeared on screen with a breaking news banner and began reading a fresh response from Iran’s Foreign Minister to Trump’s ceasefire announcement. The statement confirmed that a deal had been struck between Washington and Tehran. But what it revealed next left analysts speechless.

Iran’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Abbas Araghchi wrote: “If attacks against Iran are halted, our Powerful Armed Forces will cease their defensive operations.”

He then added a line that carried enormous weight. “For a period of two weeks, safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz will be possible via coordination with Iran’s Armed Forces and with due consideration of technical limitations.”

That single sentence changed everything. It strongly suggested that Iran, not the United States, now holds authority over one of the most critical and economically vital waterways in the entire world. Burnett acknowledged exactly that on air, noting it sounded like “a translation acknowledgment of Iran saying they control the Strait of Hormuz.”

CNN senior reporter Zachary Cohen joined the broadcast and went straight to the heart of the matter. “The piece of this about the Strait of Hormuz really is the most important thing that jumps out immediately,” he told viewers across America.

Cohen then put the bombshell development into sharp historical context. He reminded viewers that Iran did not control the Strait of Hormuz before the joint US-Israeli military strikes that ignited the conflict weeks ago. Iran closed the waterway in direct response to those strikes. Now, under this ceasefire deal, that closure appears to have been formally accepted and legitimized.

“It appears this ceasefire is at least part of the legitimization of Iran’s control of that key waterway,” Cohen said bluntly.

The implications of that statement are staggering. The Strait of Hormuz is the chokepoint through which roughly 20 percent of the world’s entire oil supply flows every single day. Surrendering effective control of that waterway to Tehran does not look like an American victory. It looks like a historic concession.

Making matters worse, Reuters reported that Iran is now planning to charge ships for safe passage through the strait, potentially demanding payment in cryptocurrency. Shipping companies around the world are currently stuck in a holding pattern, with no clear information on how or whether their vessels can safely transit the route.

Iran’s Supreme National Security Council also released a separate, more detailed statement during the broadcast. Burnett displayed it directly to the camera on live television. The council’s statement indicated that the ceasefire could be extended beyond the initial two-week window if negotiations progress in good faith.

This entire chaotic situation represents a humiliating setback for a president who sold this military campaign to the American public as a demonstration of raw power and dominance. Trump had spent weeks in a furious standoff with Iran, demanding the complete and immediate reopening of the Strait. The ceasefire terms, as now exposed by CNN, tell a very different story about who actually won.

The ceasefire announcement itself came just hours after Trump posted a deeply alarming message on Truth Social. “A whole civilization will die tonight, never to be brought back again. I don’t want that to happen, but it probably will,” he wrote for the world to see.

Trump also called the moment “one of the most important moments in the long and complex history of the world.” Then, ninety minutes before his own self-imposed 8 p.m. deadline, he quietly announced a two-week suspension of military strikes.

Middle East scholar Fawaz Gerges told Reuters bluntly: “This war will be remembered as Trump’s grave strategic miscalculation, one whose consequences reshaped the region in unintended ways.”

Trump may have avoided a wider catastrophe. But the price of that ceasefire, as CNN made unmistakably clear to every viewer watching that evening, appears to be a dramatic and very public surrender to Tehran.

Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article ‘They Don’t Need Your Permission’: Trump’s government auto-enrolled millions into military draft — December is coming
Next Article ‘Buckle up, this is unreal!’: CNBC anchor shocked by US trade deficit drop from $136B to $29B — the lowest since 2009. Was Trump right about tariffs?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Most Popular

‘I Voted for Trump’: Now My Family Lumber Mill in North Carolina Is Closed, 50 Jobs Lost to Tariffs

By Lila Chambers

The Farmers Who Voted for Trump Are Getting Crushed by His Tariffs and Rural America Is Calling It a ‘Perfect Storm of Ugly’

3 months ago

‘I Voted for Trump and Now I’m Going Bankrupt’: Farmers Say the $12B Aid Is ‘A Slap in the Face’ While Corporations Pocket Billions

4 months ago
- Advertisement -

You Might Also Like

News

Trump Impeachment Petition Hits Milestone

3 months ago
News

‘The middle one is sending me’: Pete Hegseth goes off on Democrats during ‘drunken tangent’ but it’s his kids’ faces in the background that say it all

2 months ago
News

Trump caught falling asleep while generals planned the Iran war

2 months ago
News

Trump DOJ announced Jeffrey Epstein’s death one day before he died

3 months ago

The Daily Sight has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.

THE DAILY SIGHT

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Masthead
  • Newsletters

LEGAL

  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Policies & Standards
  • Cookie Policy
  • Copyright
  • Accessibility

Connect with Us

Copyright © The Daily Sight 2026 All Right Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?